Incy Wincy Aug 29th #109 Diamonds & Pearls

29 Aug 11
Challenge #109
Diamonds & Pearls
Can't believe it's the last week of August, already.  Maybe now those of us in the south central US will get some heat relief. 
OK-on to this weeks challenge.  We want you to use lots of diamonds and pearls on your card this week.  We got to pick a digi from the incredible Sassy Studio. Instead of doing the normal girly card, I went in a different direction.  This is something different for me and I like the way it came out.        One lucky winner get your choice of 4 digi's.
The digi is called "Captain Jack".  Of course, I had to do some distressing.  I just can't seem to get enough of it, anymore!!  The map paper, bird and treasure chest I found online.  Sorry-don't know where.  I just did a search of pirate stuff and they popped up, so I printed them out, colored them and added them to my card.   The tag I played with on Picasa and added some silver stickles.  My diamonds and pearls are just falling out of the chest.  Hope you enjoy it!!

Challenges entered:
Getting Cricky Winged Things
CASE Study Challenge #54 Signature Style
Digi Doodle Shops Best #73 Anything Goes
Do You Stack Up Challenge #34 Boy or man
All That Scraps Challenge Earth Tones




15 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is great. Love the colours and the layout goes so well. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Peggysue said...

Argh, great card lassie! (that's my best pirate tALK) Thank you for joining our challenge at DYSU. It’s a pleasure to see your work and please keep coming back!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your Captain Jack card. I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. You can see a sketch my daughter did of JD as CJS on my blog sidebar.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

scrapperbecka said...

Great card, I love that pirate and your coloring is awesome!
Thank you for playing with us this week
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
Creations With Becka

Janis said...

Great job! I love the map papers and the ragged edges.
Thank you so much for playing with us.
:) Janis
Getting Cricky DTM
http://PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com/

Judy said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and coloring.

Kathy said...

Cool card, nice colors. Great job!
Good luck
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Squirlygirl said...

Love your creation! So fun :) Thank you for sharing and joining us at Getting Cricky this Sunday.
~Hugs~
Becky
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

What an awesome card! I love the way you colored the fun digi! And the old map background is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge :)

Lisa
Getting Cricky DTM
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

ahlers5 said...

Pirates make such fun card! Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

princesskitten said...

All the boys want to be a pirate

kitten DYSU team

Miranda said...

fab pirate's card renee, i just love capt Sparrow
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Jean Martin said...

This is sooo cool! Love your card Renee! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

kurlygirl said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog For a Boy or Man Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

~Heather
Kurly-Q

Janice W. said...

Great card! I love the map and the distressed edges. Nicely done! Thanks for joining the Getting Cricky SS Challenge!
Janice